Olive Oil for Nail Care
Problems like dry, flaky and yellow nails are quite common. These types of nails may also give rise to the issues like social phobia and embarrassment. Really, there is no need to feel embarrassed because there are many remedies and ingredients that you can use to get rid of problems like these. You can use olive oil to acquire soft, healthy, strong nails naturally.
Benefits of Applying Olive oil to Nails
- Regular use of extra virgin olive oil will help increase the strength and moisture content of your nails, make them less prone to damage and breakage.
- It is great for cuticle softening and repair.
- It helps nourish the nails.
Before starting you home treatment you should allow your nails to breathe and for this remove your nail polish using natural ingredients or with acetone free polish remover. Here are some ways in which you can use olive oil for nail care.
- You can use this oil to get rid of dryness and flakiness. Olive oil is packed with a linoleic acid. This compound is not prepared in our body. It helps prevent the process of evaporation and therefore, daily application of this oil will keep dryness related issues at bay. You can also rub it on your palms and arms to keep then soft and shiny.
- In case of excessive brittleness, you should massage the area with this oil to make it moisturized. Do this every night for 15 days and then twice or thrice every week there after.
- If you want to get soft nails then mix this oil with some honey and apply the mixture on your nails and skin around them. Leave it on for a few minutes and then use cold water for rinsing purpose. Use this remedy thrice every week.
- Regular olive oil massage helps increase the flow of blood to the area, helping the nails to grow longer. You can use the combo of tomato juice and olive oil to make this nail increasing treatment even more fruitful. All you need to do is to mix some fresh tomato pulp or juice with oil. Soak your fingers in this solution for 15 minutes and then wash your hands with cold water. Follow this treatment twice every week. Tomato is a good source of biotin (water soluble B-vitamin) which is well known for its nail growth boosting properties.