Toenail fungus treatment
Toenail fungus is an infection, caused by microscopic fungus that enters one or more toenails and causes infection. The initial signs of infection are white and yellow spots on the nail’s tip. If left untreated it may also results in discoloration, thickening and pain. There are many causes of toenail fungus such as cut or breakage on nail, wearing shoes for long hours, working in a humid or moist environment, swimming pools, public or any other health related problem like diabetes and HIV.
Toenail Fungus Treatment
– If your nail fungus is in its initial phase then try to go for over-the-counter toenail fungus treatment such as anti-fungal nail creams and ointments. If you are suffering from moderate infection then you are advised to use an anti-fungal lacquer on the toenail and surrounding skin at least once a day.
– There are many other toenail fungus treatments such as nail removal, in case your infection is severe and painful. Another method to get rid of fungus is Laser toenail fungus removal or photodynamic therapy in which your nails are treated with an acid and then laser is irradiated on them.
– Also, there are many natural methods to treat nail fungus. These methods are beneficial in case your are suffering from the side effects caused by the prolonged use of anti-fungal drugs.
Toenail fungus natural treatment
– Vinegar or apple cider vinegar contain Acetic acid that can inhibit the growth of fungus.
– In order to prepare this treatment – make a mixture by mixing 1 part apple cider vinegar + 2 parts warm water.
– Soak your feet for about ½ hour.
– Rinse your feet thoroughly and pat them dry.
– Repeat this process on a regular basis.